As part of this prestigious award, I'm supposed to share seven interesting things about myself. I don't know how interesting they are, but here goes . . .
- I taught first grade for five years before I had kids. I sure loved it but let me tell you, that was one tough job! The amount of energy it took to keep almost 30 first graders listening, learning, and under control was insane! There was never a dull moment. Let's just say I really, Really, REALLY, admire teachers and all they do for our kids.
- My husband and I lived in the dorms with smelly 18 year old boys for a year. I was a hall adviser while my husband was finishing up his PhD. I oversaw three RAs and three buildings of college freshman. Definitely a fun, but crazy experience. My husband and I ate dinner every night in the dorm cafeteria. Let's just say we gained the freshman 15 along with the rest of the freshman.
- I LOVE to organize. It makes me so happy! I'm obsessed with containers and bags and anything that makes my life neater and easier. I could easily spend hours in The Container Store.
- My first car was a mini-van. I bought it from my parents. I had it from age 20 to 26, before I had kids. When it finally died, we bought a regular car and then had kids. Sounds backwards, huh?
- I LOVE curry and coconut. You put them together, add some chocolate, and you've got my favorite chocolate bar, straight from heaven. It's called the Vosges Naga Bar. It's pricey, but worth every penny (said while licking chocolate off my lips).
- Once I start cleaning, it's hard for me to stop. Maybe that's why I procrastinate cleaning as long as possible!
- I was the nerdiest-looking kid! This is me in eleventh grade after spending a good amount of time trying to look perfect for my school picture.
Now I get to choose seven other blogs to present this Kreativ Blogger award to. Here are some of my favorite blogs, in no particular order.
- eat sleep cuddle. Whitney creates the most amazing, yet simple vegetable dishes and takes beautiful photographs of them. She has a really cool vintage-esque style. She shops at thrift stores and somehow pulls together the cutest outfits.
- epiBloguer Cam and I share a love of books. She writes the most detailed, well-written book reviews. Head on over and she'll help you find a good book to read.
- Mel's Kitchen Cafe I use Melanie's delicious recipes all the time. Here's one of my favs, Oatmeal Pancake Mix. I keep it in the fridge and pull it out on mornings when I need something quick. I can't believe she just had her fifth kid!
- Our Journey to Self Reliance DeAnn and Carla's blog title says it all. They've got a lot of great ideas like making your own re-usable baggies. One re-usable bag at the store can cost $5-10, so I'm excited to make my own.
- Petit Elefant I love the name of this family lifestyle blog. Allison has a lot of great "how to" posts and I love reading about her travels. I can't wait to try her homemade pumpkin mask.
- Sunny Side Up I thought I was organized but Erin has taken it to a whole other level. She's got tons of great organizing ideas like the How to Get Out the Door list.
- olds ninety-eight Cathy cracks me up and has lots of fun activity ideas for kids. I especially love this marshmallow toothpick sculpture activity. And I'm going to attempt this book countdown at Christmas time.
Here are the rules for those nominated by me:
1. Copy the Kreativ Blogger Award logo and place it in your post.
2. Thank the person who nominated you and link back to their blog.
3. List 7 things about you that people might find interesting.
4. Nominate 7 other bloggers for their own Kreativ Blogger Award.
5. Leave a comment on the blogs you nominate to let them know about the award.
Thanks again, Sarah! You made my week.